After hearing about this magical, therapeutic, super-sized bean bag you’re wondering one simple question–Does it really work? Our Moon Pod review will share everything you need to know.
Before giving you all the reasons as to why Moon Pod is about to change your life forever, let’s dive first into what it actually is.
What is Moon Pod?
Moon Pod isn’t your average bean bag.
If your childhood was anything like mine, most likely it consisted of jumping, sitting, and wrestling with your siblings on a bean bag. We all know the classic bean bag has been around for forever. So, maybe you’re thinking to yourself–why fix something that’s not broken?
This is where Moon Pod comes in. Moon Pod is a zero-gravity ergonomic bean bag that simulates Flotation Therapy, which is widely used and known to reduce stress and anxiety levels.
Essentially, Moon Pod takes all the things that are great about a regular bean bag and combines them with the health benefits of better posture and lower anxiety levels.
In a way, Moon Pod is your average bean bag’s much improved and high-tech younger sibling. But, before we discount the regular bean bag entirely, let’s do a fair comparison between the two.
Moon Pod vs. Average Bean Bags
Classic Bean Bag
We all know it’s not necessarily the most comfortable seating option (especially for long periods of time). What is it good for besides acting like a goofball and how does it hold up over time?
- Comfortable, sometimes able to fit more than one person
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Typically pet and child friendly
- Made of Expanded Polystyrene: These are the “beans” that fill the inside of your bean bag. Made of a chemical compound, they closely resemble styrofoam. Some people have even claimed to get sick from too much exposure to this chemical compound.
- Typically they only have a lifespan of 5 years if used regularly.
- They lose their shape over time.
- There’s no health benefit to using them.
So, as you can see the classic bean bag is a great option if you are looking for something to chill on, but it’s not necessarily going to last long and doesn’t give you anything (besides fun and a cozy spot). Let’s take a look at Moon Pod to see what it offers.
Let’s look at its pros and cons to see what this newly engineered bean bag has to offer.
- Filled with high density beads that are guaranteed to last for many years.
- Has a supportive dual shell membrane to ensure all body types feel supported.
- It’s ergonomic support is designed to reduce (and sometimes even eliminate) back and neck pain.
- It only weighs 12 pounds! Which means it can easily go wherever you are.
- It comes with a really neat Lunar Lift that, when combined with your moon pod, helps to align your feet with your heart. This aids in improving circulation, reduces swelling and even reduces pressure from your lower body.
- Washable just like a classic bean bag.
- Adapts into 3 positions: sitting, working and laying down.
- It’s fairly new, unlike the classic bean bag.
- It might not be a good option for larger people. While the classic bean bag usually comes with a weight limit of 400 pounds, Moon Pod is designed to fit smaller body types.
- Price tag–Unlike a classic bean bag, which you could easily find under $100, the Moon Pod starts at $299 for the single and $499 for the double (however, this is still cheaper than some of their top competitors, such as Lovesac).
- It can be difficult to get out of, especially if you frequently experience mobility issues.
As you can see, Moon Pod far outweighs the classic bean bag in not just style and functionality, but also in health benefits and longevity. Moon Pod is so committed to making sure that its product is worth every penny that they have a support team that is ready to assist you with any issues.
Moon Pod Reviews
Now that we’ve thoroughly researched and established Moon Pod’s superiority to the average bean bag, let’s review some of their top-rated chairs.
Classic Moon Pod Review
This individual Moon Pod allows you to sit, recline and rest, all while enjoying the therapeutic benefits and comfort of floating.
Plus, the classic Moon Pod is a popular choice for kids and animals, making it a perfect choice for online students.
The Super Moon Pod Review
This one is for all the extroverts.
Now, you can enjoy all the benefits of Moon Pod alongside someone you love with the Super Moon Pod. It’s like a couch, but healthier.
Crescent Backrest Review
This backrest can be added on to your Moon Pod chair to maximize concentration and comfort while reading, working, watching TV, or any other fun activity of your choice.
Moon Pod Reviews (From Real Customers)
After reading over a hundred reviews, here’s what real customers have to say about what is the best and worst parts of the Moon Pod.
- Perfect place to chill, read, watch TV, do yoga and any other relaxing activity.
- Great for anyone who is on their feet for a good portion of the day.
- Drastically helped with a customer’s non-epileptic seizures and anxiety.
- Almost every one said it is their new favorite comfortable piece of furniture.
- Some users said that the Moon Pod does not evoke Flotation Therapy as they experienced it in the past.
- As mentioned before, it is difficult to get up from.
- The price was a deterrent to some users who felt that it wasn’t worth it after purchasing Moon Pod. It was also not easy to set up once it arrived.
Can You Return the Moon Pod?
Before we finish up, we wanted to cover their return policy! When buying such an expensive item, it’s nice to know that you’re able to return in case the product isn’t as great as they make it seem.
According to their FAQ page, returns must be submitted within 14 days of delivery. Any returns after this won’t be considered. While this is a bit of a short time window, it’s still great that they allow returns!
You will have to pay for return shipping and a restocking fee, but that might be better than being stuck with hundreds of dollars worth of bean bag that you don’t like.
After much research, we believe that Moon Pod may be worth the higher price tag if you are looking for a comfortable and cool-looking chair with some seriously good health benefits. While Moon Pod isn’t for everyone, we love the ergonomic design and modern take on the classic bean bag.